Self Tapping with Emotional Stress Release
1. Evaluate your feelings about the event, marking it from 1 to 10, where 1 is nothing at all and 10 is unbearable.
2. Holding your ESR (emotional stress release points) pretend you are sitting in a cinema projection room.
Run the event on the screen up to the key moment just before emotion takes over, then freeze the frame.
3. Run the event backwards as fast as you can with silly cartoon music.
4. Do it twice again, faster and faster each time. Make the key frame picture smaller and smaller and send it out over the horizon until it disappears.
5. Finally re-evaluate the event. If your feelings are not down to 1 repeat the process until it they are cleared.
Emotional Freedom Technique As an alternative to the foregoing try this simplified version of Emotional Freedom Technique that I often use in the clinic. Try it for pain relief, stress release and phobias; try it for anything. It will surprise you.
1. Say ” Even though I”—–(insert the negative) ——”
I love and accept myself”.
2. Focus in on and evaluate your feelings about the statement, marking them from 1 to 10, where 1 is nothing at all and 10 is unbearable.
3. Repeat the statement as you tap these points, or carry out the actions below :
- Tap inside your eyebrows
- Tap outside your eyebrows
- Tap the outer corner of your eyes
- Tap directly below your eyes
- Tap at your nostrils
- Tap below your cheekbones at your ears
- Tap above your top lip and below your bottom lip
- Tap your chest below your collarbone
- Tap your chest inside your elbows
- Tap the tip of your very bottom rib
- Tap the fingertips of one hand on the groove between the little and the ring finger of the other hand. Repeat with the other hand on top.
- Tap the outer edge of one hand against the outer edge of the other, as if you were delivering two karate chops.
Finally repeat your statement and re-evaluate it. If your feelings are not down to 1 repeat the process until it they are cleared.